[members-announce] Acoustics News - CD sale ending; Upcoming concerts & tours

Rozanne Levine romarkable at verizon.net
Sun Aug 22 19:17:05 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

We at Acoustics (Mark Whitecage - saxophonist/clarinetist/composer & Rozanne
Levine ­ clarinetist/composer) have some news to share with our friends and
colleagues:

 - our ³Limited Time, All CDs for $10 sale² ENDS on Tuesday, September 7;

 - RoMarkable ­ Rozanne Levine & Mark Whitecage performs this month at Omega
Institute for Holistic Studies in Rhinebeck, NY; and in December at
Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown, NJ;

 - Rozanne Levine and Mark Whitecage featured at the annual Many Colors of a
Woman Jazz Festival in Hartford, CT in September;

 - The Nu Band tours the northeast/midwest USA in September/October 2010;

 - Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning tours the northeast/midwest USA in March
2011.

PLEASE READ ON FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND LINKS......

LIMITED TIME SALE ENDS SOON!
ON TUESDAY, SEPT. 7,
OUR ³$10 - ALL CDs IN-STOCK SALE² WILL END.
ACT NOW FOR THIS SPECIAL PRICING.

This deal is available only from Acoustics  - and it¹s ending on Tuesday,
September 7th.  All Mark Whitecage and Rozanne Levine recordings, in stock
and on a variety of labels, are on sale for $10 each, no minimums/no
maximums.

You will find CDs from labels including Clean Feed, Porter, Konnex, GM,
CIMP, Cadence, Leo, and Acoustics, and from artists we¹ve worked with
including Joe Fonda, Lou Grassi, Dominic Duval, Perry Robinson, Rosi
Hertlein, Jay Rosen, Adam Lane, Roy Campbell Jr., Sabir Mateen, Marshall
Allen, Michael Jefry Stevens, and Dave Douglas, among many others.

Some are in very limited quantities, so please don¹t delay.

You can view the entire CD Sale list with ordering information on our web
site at
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/CD_sale.htm

For more information on any of the recordings, including reviews, please
visit
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/other_recordings.htm
and
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/only_moment.htm (for info on Only Moment
from Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning)

Any questions, please send us an email:  romarkable at verizon.net

=============================
RoMARKABLE ­ ROZANNE LEVINE & MARK WHITECAGE
Appearing at Omega Institute for Holistic Studies in Rhinebeck, NY
On Saturday, August 28th
and
At Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown, NJ
On Thursday, December 9th

The duo RoMarkable that Rozanne and Mark have been developing for more than
two decades will appear for the first time at the Omega Institute for
Holistic Studies in Rhinebeck, NY.   Omega¹s mission incorporates innovative
educational experiences that awaken the best in the human spirit, through
workshops, trainings, retreats and conferences.  We are excited to be a part
of the Omega experience.

³Rozanne Levine has done remarkable work with Mark Whitecage in various
musical settings...² - George Harris, All About Jazz

The Saturday, August 28th concert is open only to Omega staff, faculty and
students, so we encourage you to explore what Omega has to offer ‹ there are
Rest & Rejuvenation Retreats that leave you free to structure your time as
you please --
http://eomega.org

Look for us in December at a public performance at Morristown Memorial
Hospital in Morristown, NJ ­ more info to follow as the concert approaches.

More info on RoMarkable ­ Rozanne Levine & Mark Whitecage:
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/projects.htm#duo

For booking and more information, please contact Rozanne at
romarkable at verizon.net

=================================
Rozanne Levine and Mark Whitecage will be featured at the
The Many Colors of a W*O*M*A*N 28th Annual Free Jazz Festival on Saturday,
September 11th

Appearing at the Festival almost every year since 1991, Rozanne and Mark
will be a part of vocalist/songwriter Nicki Mathis' Afrikan Amerika Jazz New
Millennium All Stars... A joyous celebration of jazz and jazz women!

The Festival takes place in Hartford, Connecticut at the Wadsworth Atheneum
Museum of Art¹s Aetna Theater on Saturday, September 11th and it begins at
8PM ­ there is no charge for admission.

For more information:
Nicki Mathis -- http://www.myspace.com/nickimathis
Concert -- http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/concerts.htm
Wadsworth Atheneum -- http://www.wadsworthatheneum.org/

The Nu Band tours the Northeast/Midwest USA in September/October 2010

After several years of successful European tours and 4 acclaimed CDs, the
cooperative quartet The Nu Band sets off on its second USA tour in September
and October.

The Nu Band is Mark Whitecage on saxophone and clarinet, Roy Campbell Jr. on
trumpet and flugelhorn, Joe Fonda on bass, and Lou Grassi on drums.  All
band members contribute original compositions to their repertoire.

> "One of the best free bop bands of the moment is without a doubt The Nu Band,
> with four seasoned musicians who are as comfortable in the most complex jazz
> traditions as in the adventurous sonic explorations of nowadays...² - Stef
> Gijssels, freejazz-stef.blogspot.com

In mid-September the band performs in Philadelphia, PA; Buffalo and
Rochester, NY; and Cincinnati, Ohio, and in early October they will be
appearing in Baltimore and Mt. Rainier, MD.

Dates and tour details can be found at
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/concerts.htm

For more information on The Nu Band, please visit
http://www.lougrassi.com/NuBand.html
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage/projects.htm#nuband

For booking, please contact
Lou Grassi  (212) 866-2289  lougrassi at erols.com
Joe Fonda   (212) 780-3432   fonda at midtel.net

The Nu Band is also looking ahead to a European tour from January
19-February 6, 2011.
> Any presenters interested in European booking, please contact
> Jimi Wunderlich   info at be1two.net
> http://be1two.com/
===============

Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning tours the Northeast/Midwest USA in March 2011

Rozanne Levine & Chakra Tuning embark on their first USA tour in early March
2011.  With stellar band mates saxophonist/clarinetist Mark Whitecage,
clarinetist Perry Robinson, and violinist/vocalist Rosi Hertlein joining
her, clarinetist Rozanne Levine tours in support of her group¹s debut CD,
Only Moment.

The tour begins Thursday, March 3rd at Rochester, NY¹s The Bop Shop, and
continues to the Midwest, with dates to be confirmed through to
approximately March 14.

> ³Rozanne Levine¹s Chakra Tuning Š is a ritualistic exploration of space,
> timbre and communication Š this disc subsumes the clarinetist¹s delicate
> weavings of breath, line, voice and gesture into the group¹s fabric.  Even
> when the foursome surge and pirouette, ŒOnly Moment¹ retains an
> extraordinarily meditative, almost therapeutic quality.² - Clifford Allen,
> Signal to Noise

Booking inquiries:
Open dates remain on the tour, and presenters are encouraged to contact
Rozanne at romarkable at verizon.net for booking inquiries.

More information:
Rozanne¹s web site offers her biography and discography, information on
Chakra Tuning and Only Moment, with sound samples and photos -
http://www.erjn.it/mus/whitecage.htm

==========================

Thank you for your support and interest.  We look forward to hearing from
you.

Best wishes,
Rozanne Levine and Mark Whitecage
--