[members-announce] Fresh Content Posted

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 14:06:32 EST 2010

There's fresh new content posted at The Independent Ear at
www.openskyjazz..com/blog:

*	Our afterglow meditation on the 2010 NEA Jazz Masters concert (1/12)

*	The latest installment in our ongoing Ain't But a Few of Us series
of conversations with black music writers comes from Brooklyn-based Bill
Francis...

*	An omission from the Civil Rights Movement legacy on the role of
jazz concludes with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech on the power of
jazz...

*	We introduce to a new arts & politics journal called Nonsense in a
conversation with co-publisher Bob Daughtry...

*	The latest salvo from alto saxophonist Matana Roberts, "Jazz,
Blackness and Shame"

Plus... Our Top 20 from "09; the quarterly Songs That Made the Phones Ring
list; and the customary playlists from the Ancient Future radio program.

Peace,
Willard Jenkins
www.openskyjazz.com
Home of The Independent Ear