[members-announce] Fresh Content

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 12:23:22 EDT 2010

After a brief vacation & book related hiatus, there's fresh new content in The Independent Ear at www.openskyjazz.com/blog:

	- The second installment in our series of conversations with what is unfortunately an increasingly scarce 21st century entity: the black jazz presenter entrepreneur...

	- A conversation with Sarah Charles on the development of Search And Restore, which brought you the recent Undead Jazzfest and the annual Winterfest...

	- Notes on a recent sighting of the upward arc of pianist-composer Orrin Evans...

	- The case for Hubert Laws recent designation as a NEA Jazz Master...

	- Our recommendation of a rewarding read: James Gavin's exhaustively-researched Lena Horne bio Stormy Weather...

	- Updates on the forthcoming new book African Rhythms, the as-told-to autobiography of NEA Jazz Master Randy Weston; Composed by Randy Weston, Arranged by Willard Jenkins.

As always your comments are welcome...

COMING IN OCTOBER:

Willard Jenkins
www.openskyjazz.com