[members-announce] VIDEO Speech about the South Florida Jazz Summit

RITMO! CITY ritmocity at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 02:48:55 EDT 2010

VIDEO Speech about the South Florida Jazz Summit by Bobby Ramirez.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-p78x-_sKU

The Speech:
Hello….I’m Bobby Ramirez
Executive Director of the South Florida Jazz Summit
Founder/President of the Jazz Museum of Florida

There is no ambiguity as to why we are here!
Our purpose is clear!

And that is that we are committed to empowering Jazz!
We are committed to preserving its heritage!
We are committed to advancing its legacy!
We are committed to empowering Jazz education!
We are committed to empowering a better future for Jazz!
We are committed to empowering the next generation of Jazz musicians!
We are committed to empowering the local Jazz scene!
We are committed to empowering great area Jazz institutions and organizations!
We are committed to making South Florida a World class destination for live Jazz!

In this time and place, Jazz has a higher purpose; And that purpose is clear! The vision is clear!

The South Florida Jazz Summit will serve as a cultural bridge; bringing people together for this higher purpose of preserving, advancing and celebrating this precious American artform that we love called Jazz.

If you are in the business of JAZZ; if you are passionate about Jazz, get involved! Wherever you are in the worlds, I’d like to invite you to attend the South Florida Jazz Summit.

Together we CAN make a difference and help empower a better future for Jazz! br