[members-announce] Indy Ear returns

Willard Jenkins muzikmuse at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 16:19:48 EDT 2010

After a brief hiatus, tending to festival work (Tri-C JazzFest), concert series (TPAC's annual Lost Jazz Shrines), and a very rewarding consultancy towards development of a new high school paradigm based on improvisation, The Independent Ear has returned with new content:

*Following on the heels of another successful Jazz Awards: the conception of the JJA

*Update on the "African Rhythms" odyssey (on Randy Weston's forthcoming autobiography; composed by Randy Weston, arranged by Willard Jenkins

*Go Crate Digging for rare jazz sounds with Bill Milkowski and Eugene Holley

*A new series of interviews with another seemingly rare breed (ala our "Ain't But a Few of Us" series) - the African American jazz presenter... pt. 1 DC's Twins Jazz

*Our meditation on one of the greatest trumpeters of them all - Freddie Hubbard

Visit www.openskyjazz.com/blog for the 411...
Peace,
Willard Jenkins
www.openskyjazz.com