[members-announce] JAZZY NEWS ALERT from Bobby Ramirez

RITMO! CITY ritmocity at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 03:04:25 EDT 2010

Hello JAZZY Friends:

This week I will be building some great Jazzy bridges: I'm honored to be invited to visit the Jazz school of music at the University of Florida in Gainsville; now happening an amazing Jazz camp: http://www.bigphatcamp.com

Jazz Museum of Florida
http://www.jazzmuseumflorida.org
There are some significant things happening with the Jazz Museum of Florida. Recently, a great friend and wonderful patron of Jazz has donated a temporary space that will serve as the home for the Jazz Museum of Florida. This generous contribution will enable this dream to become a reality and take one tiny giant step towards the goal of establishing a Jazz museum in the area to celebrate Jazz! There is much work to be done as we move forward. This is not definite; still working on some details. More news to come.

South Florida Jazz Summit
http://www.sfjazzsummit.com
FREE early-bird registration is now open online. Even if you may think you're attending or not, take advantage of this FREE registration. More info at http://www.sfjazzsummit.com/register.html. PLEASE forward this information to Jazz industry friends.

The South Florida Jazz Summit presents the Youth Honors Band featuring some of the best and brightest young Jazz musicians in the area. http://www.sfjazzsummit.com/youth_honors_band.html.

Stay in touch with the latest news. Join SFJS on FaceBook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Jazz-Summit/161814436940

Our next SFJS Planning Committee meeting is Saturday, July 24th, 11 AM to 1 PM at Artserve, 1350 East Sunrise Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL. If you're in the business of JAZZ; if you're passionate about JAZZ, get involved. Please RSVP to: info at sfjazzsummit.com. More info at: http://www.sfjazzsummit.com/volunteer.html

JAZZY Friends of SFJS Fundraiser
Make a financial contribution to the South Florida Jazz Summit at: http://www.sfjazzsummit.com/friends_of_sfjs_fundraiser.html

Bobby Ramirez
Executive Director
South Florida Jazz Summit
http://www.sfjazzsummit.com

Founder/President
Jazz Museum of Florida
http://www.jazzmuseumflorida.org

"Together, we CAN make a difference and help empower a better future for Jazz!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-p78x-_sKU