Here are my 10 picks for the annual Jazz Journalists Association listing. They’re in no particular order:
- “Remembering Mr. Cole,” Joe Bourne, Jonaja.
- “Songs of Peggy Lee,” Jeanie Bryson, Telarc.
- “Complete Verve Tal Farlow Sessions,” Mosaic.
- “Easy to Remember,” Ken Peplowski, Nagel-Heyer.
- “Live at the Beowulf,” Flip Phillips, Arbors.
- “One Night in Vermont,” Ted Rosenthal and Bob Brookmeyer, Planet Arts.
- “Live at the Firefly,” Tom Saunders, PKO.
- “Bud Shank and Bob Cooper,” Shank and Cooper, Mosaic Select.
- “A Multitude of Stars,” The Statesmen of Jazz, Arbors.
- “Complete Roulette Dinah Washington Sessions,” Mosaic.
* * *
—Steve Emerine, freelancer
(JazzBeat, amazon.com, etc.)